Sunday, March 21, 2010

D'Allesandro's Pizza


When I am not craving a burger I am thinking about pizza. We were downtown on a recent Saturday night looking for a casual dinner. We picked D'Allesandro's located on 229 St Phillip http://www.229pies.com/ again because a visit a couple of weeks before was just right. Stacy got the house salad($6.00) full of green peppers, mushrooms, black olives, onions, tomatoes and shredded mozzarella and I got a pizza margherita($7.50), a pizza with fresh cut round slices of buffalo mozzerella, tomato sauce, tomatoes and basil. That was pure simple goodness in a pizza.


Pictured here is my spicy salami pizza from the second visit. As expected this one did not disappoint. The crispy and slightly chewy crust is not too thick and is offered in a personal size that can still be shared and with a $2.00 Guiness draft the beer special for March, I could not have been happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment